Saturday, April 6, 2013

Service Saturday--Day Eighteen: Altar Cloth

I'm only going to briefly mention the altar cloth because I've got a loooooong way to go to finish it. I'll be working on it this weekend while I watch General Conference. There is a temple being built near my home and one way I can give service in that effort is to crochet an altar cloth. It's basically a big doily that is draped over the altar to add to the prettiness. The project started as an ambitious one for me, as I am not the most experienced crocheter.  When I'm done it should look like the picture below.

I also wanted to include another Conference highlight about service but there were so many choices!  This one was my favorite.



The picture below is a quote given by the same man as the one in the video.  I love the message.  We are all important and we all have something we can give.  We were made to succeed.  Such a beautiful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment